FAA increasing air traffic control staff, supervisors at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport

  • by:
  • Source: Fox News
  • 04/03/2025
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is increasing support and oversight for the air traffic controller team at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) following a fatal midair collision over the Potomac River that claimed the lives of 67 people.

In a statement on Wednesday, the FAA announced it will increase operational supervisor staffing from six to eight people, and review certified professional controller staffing numbers at DCA.

The change comes after the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) issued safety recommendations for DCA following the deadly Jan. 29 collision involving a commercial plane and an Army Black Hawk helicopter.

Read Full Article Here
 

Follow us

Read our latest news on any of these social networks!

Get latest news delivered daily!

We will send you breaking news right to your inbox


Have a tip? Let us know!

Recent Articles

  • by:
  • Source: NY Post
  • 04/03/2025
...
Alaska Airlines flight forced to evacuate due to smelly fumes in cockpit

A Las Vegas-bound Alaska Airlines flight was forced to suddenly land and evacuate passengers in Portland, Ore. Wednesday, when a “strong odor” was detected in the plane’s cockpit, officials said.

...
Finland to withdraw from anti-personnel mine ban treaty

Finland's prime minister said Tuesday the country plans to withdraw from the international treaty banning anti-personnel mines, the latest signatory moving to ditch the ban over threats from Russia.

  • by:
  • Source: NBC News
  • 04/02/2025
...
NYC Mayor Eric Adams' corruption case is dismissed

A federal judge dismissed the charges at the request of the Justice Department, which had argued that the case distracted from Adams' ability to enact Trump's immigration agenda.

  • by:
  • Source: CNN
  • 04/02/2025
...
Trump’s attempt to revamp elections with proof of citizenship requirement challenged in court

Democratic groups and non-partisan organizations separately sued Monday over an executive order targeting election procedures signed last week by President Donald Trump, kicking off a court fight over Trump’s attempt to unilaterally revamp how elections are run.