US completes deportation of 8 men to South Sudan after weeks of legal wrangling

Eight men deported from the United States in May and held under guard for weeks at an American military base in the African nation of Djibouti while their legal challenges played out in court have now reached the Trump administration’s intended destination, war-torn South Sudan, a country the State Department advises against travel to due to “crime, kidnapping, and armed conflict.”

The immigrants from Cuba, Laos, Mexico, Myanmar, Vietnam and South Sudan arrived in South Sudan on Friday after a federal judge cleared the way for the Trump administration to relocate them in a case that had gone to the Supreme Court, which had permitted their removal from the U.S. Administration officials said the men had been convicted of violent crimes in the U.S.

“This was a win for the rule of law, safety and security of the American people,” said Homeland Security spokeswoman Tricia McLaughlin in a statement Saturday announcing the men’s arrival in South Sudan, a chaotic country in danger once more of collapsing into civil war.

Read Full Article Here
 
Kristi Noem by is licensed under flickr

Follow us

Read our latest news on any of these social networks!

Get latest news delivered daily!

We will send you breaking news right to your inbox


Have a tip? Let us know!

Recent Articles

...
Supreme Court allows Mississippi to require age verification on social media like Facebook and X

The Supreme Court has refused for now to block enforcement of a Mississippi law aimed at regulating the use of social media by children

...
Florida governor says state will open ‘deportation depot’ immigration jail

Ron DeSantis announced move as judge to decide whether to close ‘Alligator Alcatraz’ facility in Everglades

...
AI used to design antibiotics that can combat drug-resistant superbugs gonorrhoea and MRSA

Antibiotics are used to kill bacteria, but some infections have become resistant to drugs. It is estimated drug-resistant bacterial infections cause nearly five million deaths per year worldwide.

...
Melania Trump makes bombshell $1 billion threat against Hunter Biden after 'inflammatory' Epstein comments

First lady Melania Trump is threatening to sue Hunter Biden for $1 billion after he made the false claim that she was introduced to President Donald Trump by serial pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.