Tucker Responds After Top Writer Fired for Racist Posts – Says He's Taking a Break From Show

Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Monday night addressed bigoted remarks made by a former writer for “Tucker Carlson Tonight” and announced he’d be taking a “long-planned” vacation from the show.

The video: Carlson condemned the comments posted anonymously to a public internet forum by Blake Neff, who served as head writer for the show until he resigned on Friday after a CNN investigation.

“What Blake wrote anonymously was wrong. We don’t endorse those words. They have no connection to the show,” Carlson said. “It is wrong to attack people for qualities they cannot control. In this country, we judge people for what they do, not for how they were born.”

  • But Carlson also slammed people celebrating Neff’s disgrace, calling them “ghouls now beating their chests in triumph at the destruction of a young man.”
  • Before closing out his show, the top-rated cable news host said he’d be taking a break from the program to go trout fishing for several days.

What did Neff say? Fox News executives on Saturday issued a memo to employees condemning the “horrendous and deeply offensive racist, sexist and homophobic comments” Neff made to the public forum AutoAdmit over a period of several years.

  • CNN Business reported that, as recently as last week, Neff replied to one AutoAdmit poster’s query asking, “Would u let a JET BLACK congo n****er do lasik eye surgery on u for 50% off?” by commenting, “I wouldn’t get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no.”
  • In another post last month, Neff commented, "Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down."
  • According to Carlson, Neff was “horrified” and “ashamed” by the unearthing of his comments.

 

by is licensed under

Follow us

Read our latest news on any of these social networks!

Get latest news delivered daily!

We will send you breaking news right to your inbox


Have a tip? Let us know!

Recent Articles

...
Supreme Court allows Mississippi to require age verification on social media like Facebook and X

The Supreme Court has refused for now to block enforcement of a Mississippi law aimed at regulating the use of social media by children

...
Florida governor says state will open ‘deportation depot’ immigration jail

Ron DeSantis announced move as judge to decide whether to close ‘Alligator Alcatraz’ facility in Everglades

...
AI used to design antibiotics that can combat drug-resistant superbugs gonorrhoea and MRSA

Antibiotics are used to kill bacteria, but some infections have become resistant to drugs. It is estimated drug-resistant bacterial infections cause nearly five million deaths per year worldwide.

...
Melania Trump makes bombshell $1 billion threat against Hunter Biden after 'inflammatory' Epstein comments

First lady Melania Trump is threatening to sue Hunter Biden for $1 billion after he made the false claim that she was introduced to President Donald Trump by serial pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.